This week on Instagram

This week on Instagram, I've mostly been working on a quilt which combines dresdens with a version of the Irish chain pattern using Vintage Picnic by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics.  This was the point it reached last night and I always like to take a photo of a quilt top (albeit in pieces) when I can lay the whole thing out as one to see whether I think it is working.  I took this photo last night as I had been unsure, until that point, as to whether the white centres to the dresdens were going to make the quilt look too stark.   Once I'd taken this snap, I was happier that the white centres looked as though they were going to work OK.


I've also been working on a re-make of my Penguin Books quilt.  The original was made using Kona solids a few years ago and this updated version will be made using Melba by Emma Jean Jansen for Ella Blue Fabrics.  I am hoping that the quilt will work as well in prints as it was did solids.  

 

And finally I had a quilt sale a couple of weeks ago and Kellie from Plus Addict sent me a lovely photo of her wrapped up in two quilts she bought from me in that sale.  I can't tell you how much I love seeing quilts in their new homes - it always makes me smile! 

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to seeing your remake of the Penguin Books quilt! I don't know the original, but love the first glances of the remake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn, I saw your Penguin Books quilt on Instagram and have searched your blog but can't find how you created the title and logos. Are those printed in a printer? I'm loving that quilt!!
    Ramona
    rpsandbag at gmail .com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)